Unanswered: Help with code. I get Error 424 object required.

Hi all,

I'm still learning VBA and I need some help here. I got "object required error 424" when I run this. Basically I have a jobs form which contains the status of the each job. I am trying to automate this based on job start and end dates plus a cancel checkbox (chkcancel). Thanks for your help.

If Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) < Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) < Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) Is Null Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Setup"
    ElseIf Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) >= Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) < Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) Is Null Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Active"
    ElseIf Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) >= Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) > Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) Is Null Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Completed"
    ElseIf Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) >= Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) > Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) > Now() Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Stips"
    ElseIf Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) >= Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) > Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) < Now() Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Tied Out"
    ElseIf Me.chkcancel.Value > 0 Then
    Me.cmbstatus.Value = "Cancelled"
    Else
    End If

And this error highlights on what line of code????
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The first line is highlighted but each line of code contains a date or value (meaning Me.txtstartdate.Value = "6/24/04", Me.txtEnd.Value = "6/28/04" etc., Me.chkcancel.Value = 0, Me.txtdate.Value is null )

If Nz(Me.txtstartdate.Value) < Now() And Nz(Me.txtEnd.Value) < Now() And Me.chkcancel.Value = 0 And Nz(Me.txtdate.Value) Is Null Then

Quote Originally Posted by Sean72
    The first line is highlighted but each line of code contains a date or value (meaning Me.txtstartdate.Value = "6/24/04", Me.txtEnd.Value = "6/28/04" etc., Me.chkcancel.Value = 0, Me.txtdate.Value is null )

Then it sounds like you have a control name error ... Check that each control name used in your conditionals exists.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...