Thread: Record Order

Provided Answers: 3

Question Unanswered: Record Order

Has anyone ever seen records get out of order? What I mean is, I have a query that is set up to get the "Last" record. But the order is all messed up, so my results are incorrect. It's almost as if the records were entered into the database in incorrect order. But the user says no. I am having a hard time believing him. I can't find any way that this could have been changed. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

if your looking at the records in a table, the table may have been sorted then saved. check the advanced filter on the table to see if it's showing any sort order. access will ask to save the design of a table if you add a filter/sort to it, if you do the table will open with that filter/sort applied.

if your using a query to pull last, first, or top records you should specify the sort order in the query.

Provided Answers: 1
    Do the primary keys reflect incorrect order?

You are using primary keys, right?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

There are 2 tables. The table that I'm having problems with is the record source of a sub form. It is a one to many relationship. This table being the many. No there is no primary key field, I don't need one for this application. The other table takes care of that. It's pretty simple really.

Provided Answers: 1
    Perhaps you should consider adding one to validate what the problem is.

Also, NEVER CREATE A TABLE WITHOUT A PRIMARY KEY. EVER. EVER. EVER.

Maybe that's just me.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

O.K. I have not been clear. When I add a record in the subform, somehow it is not getting added to that table as the "last" record. If I then navigate to the last record in this subform relationship, I don't get the actual last record I just entered. I get a different one. The sorting of the table should not matter. I should still get the "last" record in the subform.