Unanswered: This property is read only and can't be set.

Ok, so I have a form, "frmtrainingdetail", that is using table "tblemployees". A button opens the form and passes the filter on. Now on "frmtrainingdetail" I have a subform to edit and add records. The subform is shown as a datasheet. The first field is selected with a combo box and the rest are just regular.

When I go to the add a new record and change the value in any of the fields I get the error, "This property is read only and can't be set."

I click OK and it never comes back until I shut the db down and restart. Everything works fine too. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to go away and I can't.

BTW, If I load that datasheet subform by itself it works fine. And if I load the query it works fine. I also have a filter in the query as reademployee() that takes a variable from a textbox on frmemployee and uses it to only show the records on the subform that I want. I then use that employee name as a default value in the datasheet.

I have attached a copy of the db

Josh
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sionus; 06-23-04 at 15:44.

I'm stumped...

Yeah, I have no idea either. I've never run into this problem before. Hence why I am here desperate for help.

On the frmtrainingdetail, select the subform properties for sfrmtrainingdetail. On the data tab, set the Link Child Fields and Link Master Fields so that they are empty.

See if that works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sfrmtrainingdetail.gif  

HA! It worked. Ok now can you explain to me why it would give me that error?

Thanks for the solution.

Unhappy

Actually I just realized that it didn't fix the problem, it just took the error away. Now the subform isn't filtered for the employee name...