Thumbs down Unanswered: Redefining Data Dictionary for Oracle

Hi there,
    While migrating the database from SQl Server2000 to Oracle 8.1.0. through the Migration Bench, unfortunately I encountered with a blunder, previously there was another database had already been migrated using same tool on same Oracle database.
    While migrating another time that had replaced the objects of previously migrated database, as this tool automatically creates its default user. Now while searching for my data of prior migration , I found the datafiles as secured, Now I want to recover my data. which has been present in those datafiles.
    I had created a new tablespace and assigned those files to that, but it doesn't work.
    I think that the pointers defined in the data dictionary for the prior user had been changed or had been assigned to NULL. Because the new migration had created the user with the same name i.e. OMWB_LOGIN1 and so on..
    So the data objects which has been registered in that user previously had lost their pointers...
    CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE????
    THANKING U IN ANTICIPATION.
    RGDS
    Amit

Do you have any type of backup?
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Sorry but unfortunately I don't have any type of back up. But can't we restore the definations if we have the data files existing.
    Plz Help...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by amitkanodia
    While migrating another time that had replaced the objects of previously migrated database, as this tool automatically creates its default user.
    Now while searching for my data of prior migration , I found the datafiles as secured, Now I want to recover my data. which has been present in those datafiles.
    Do these datafiles you found 'as secured' belong to the previous database? (the database BEFORE the blunder migration?).
    Then, there may be a way to recover.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

No, Actually these datafiles belong to the same database, With database I mean here the same SID. If u want to know this.
    Actually what had happened I had migrated a database from SQL Server to Oracle using that Oracle Migration Work Bench (OMWB). On the same SID and same Oracle database by error the same migration has again done but this time of an another database of SQL Server. Since the previous migration was not been transferred to any other user. Hence reexecuting the same utility has again created its default users with the same name as done previously but with data of newly migrated database.
    This is the actual situation, after searching for the data, I found that the datafiles are being not overwritten and the remigration created the new datafiles.
    Now I want to recover that data.
    Plz show a way.
    Thanking u in anticipation
    RGDS
    Amit

Thumbs down

I found that the datafiles are being not overwritten and the remigration created the new datafiles.
    I do not understand this statement, if the data files were not overwritten, How do you know this?
    If the new 'migration' created the same schema (user id) then it must have removed the old one. If this is true, all objects belonging to the old user were removed from the dictionary!
    Even if the datafiles were not overwritten, the contents are no longer accesible even if the physical data is there! All data dictionary objects which resided in these files were removed when the old user id was drop'ped and re-created.
    The issue here is the data dictionary, if it does not contain the objects of the old user id. there may be no recovery.
    On the other hand you may want to see if you have the original data from the previous SQL 2k database.
    Good luck,