Unanswered: Clipper to MySQL

Hi,
    I am newbie for clipper..
    Can anyone has experience with clipper to MySQl?? we got to import data MySQL from Clipper. It will be a great helpful if any advice and ideas. also unfortunatly our client doesnt have the database design doc of clipper. Is there any possibility to get design from the .DBF files in clipper by using some tool??

Thanks in advance,
    Thiru

Provided Answers: 54
    Which clipper version are you using? Most of them are 16 bit MS-DOS character mode only, no GUI support.

Yes, you can get the structure of DBF files from the file itself. If you have a tool like ErWin, Visio, PowerDesigner, etc you can actually create a reasonably complete ER diagram.

There are a number of third party drivers that allow Clipper applications to use SQL data, but I've never seen a Clipper driver for MySQL.

-PatP

Thanks for ur information PatP.

I am using Clipper 5.3 MS DOS version.

Can u specify any third party driver that allows Clipper applications to use SQL data??

Thanks in advance,
    Thiru

Provided Answers: 54
    The tools to allow Clipper to access SQL data are database engine specific. I know of one tool for Oracle, one for MS-SQL, and one for Gupta. I don't think it is possible for one to exist for MySQL because I don't know of any 16 bit client software for MySQL.

-PatP