Unanswered: Removing Time from Text Export in Access 2000

I'm exporting a table to a comma delimited text file which includes a date. I used the Export Specifications wizard to set up the format, but the date field in the text file includes a time of " 0:00:00", which I don't want, and wizard doesn't seem to offer any way of excluding this portion of the date.

The time doesn't display in the date field prior to export, and the properties are set to "yyyymmdd".

Is there a way of saving me from having to edit the text file every time I create it?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Check the data type of the field in the table. If possible set the mask property to show only the date like setting the mask to "mm/dd/yyyy" should do the trick.

I tried using the "yyyymmdd" in the input mask field, but that doesn't seem to help. Thanks anyway.

are you exporting from a table or a query?

what is the data type of the field in the table?

I'm actually using a query to export from two tables (the date field is only in one of them), and the date field in both the table and the query have "yyyymmdd" specified. I tried using "yyyymmdd" for an input mask in both as well, but it didn't help.

The data type is set to "Date/Time". I haven't tried using a text string as this may mess up something elsewhere.
    Last edited by Andyok50; 06-25-04 at 11:00.

in the query use format([datefield],"yyyymmdd") rather than the datefield itself

I get "Undefined function 'Format' in expression" using:

Expr1: Format([PRICES].[DATE],"yyyymmdd")

Am I missing some sort of add-in? The query builder Wizard includes the 'Format' expression, so I'm not sure why this wont run.

check your references

Smile Yeah - Got it working!

I finally figured out that there was a problem with my Access install - a missing or corrupted dll probably. A repair install fixed the 'Undefined function' issue.

However, I still needed to create an Export specification after that to prevent the "date" field from having quotes like a text field. See the MS Access Help file for more info on creating Export specifications.

Andyok50