Unanswered: Totalling a Grouped Report

I am trying to total the first instance of a group and count the number of instances I have totaled. My report is grouped by Truck Number, and each row has a Job Start Time and Number Of Workers. I want to be able to Total the Number of Workers for the report, but ONLY for the first [min] Job Start Time and count the number of jobs I have totaled. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I understand you correctly, your report is grouped by Truck Number and each detail record has two fields - [job start time] & [number of workers].

You have two questions
    1. "Total the Number of Workers for the report, but ONLY for the first [min] Job Start Time"
      • Add up the [number of worker] field, but just for the first job in the report OR;
      • Add up the [number of worker] field for the minimum [job start time] for ALL Truck Numbers?
    2. "Count the number of jobs I have totaled"

• Count the number of records for each Truck Number
    I'm not sure what you what for #1.

But for #2, you can add a textbox in the detail section of the report. Set the value for the textbox to 1. Then in your Group Footer, create a sum for that textbox and viola, you chould have a cound of records for each Truck Number group.

If I didn't understand your question correctly, please post back and I'll try to help!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cosmos75; 06-25-04 at 09:58.
    http://AccessDB.Info

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. - Douglas Adams