Question Unanswered: Run crystal in VB

I read that it visual basic is capable of viewing crystal reports. I've done some exploration and found out that i can insert it via activex component. The problem though is i don't know how to call the program in the form im using. Please help!

hi,

I'm assuming u r using VB6. Go to Project-->Add Crystal Reports. Select "Yes" when VB ask u to add a form containing Crystal report smart viewer control. U can then design your report from the designers. Whenever you need the report, just call out the form u had just added.

regards,
    John

Talking

Currently i have a crystal report design, finished in my pc. I just wanna call that report under visual basic application. So i can deploy it without having to call the crystal report or call it as an individual exe file. Doing so i want to establish faster data file querying over the network, single file deployment and some security issues. Can this be done? Can i deploy a single preformatted report compiled under VB6 and deploy it with no other issues? My concerns are do each pc need visulabasic app? Do i have to install other *.dll, *.ole, or com components? And can i have a user password authentication per report? Thanks!

You can use the steps that i describe. Instead of creating a new report, you can import you preformatted report into the report designer. You do not need to worry about the components if you distribute your application using certain package and dev software. VB built in package and dev tools is not that good(in my opinion).

Hi air_salak, im quite new to inserting component to vb6, actually im not that familiar to vb6. I tried inserting a crystal report component. Here is what i do, @ vb6 -> Project -> components -> crystal report viewer control 9. I now have a crystalviewer under form1. When i try torun the form i get a form white an empty crystal report viewer file. From what i know, i think i have to call the report inside the form on load or something. Just wanna try this out if this would be better for deployment purposes of crystal reports.