Unhappy Unanswered: subreport NOT grouped as I wish

In an ADP file, I built a report with a subreport. The main report 's based on a table which stored category data. The subreport's based on the products table.

The subreport has a parametered stored procedure as Recordsource, the Input Parameter property of the subreport is set to a form field -- this supply the parameter value to the stored procedure.
    The subreport object's linkchildfields and linkmasterfields are entered with a category field name, so that the products are broken up by cateogry.

But I discovered that the products in the subreport are NOT grouped according to category, but simply show all products in every category -- this is wrong.

Seems that when the Input Parameter property is entered, the linkchildfields and linkmasterfields won't have any effect anymore.
    Does anybody know how to get around this ??

Please help.

HI Lepanto,

Not sure if I will be of much help as I haven't gotten into ADP yet. But is your report simply a regular report or are reports in ADP a bit different? If it is a regular report or fucntions the same, then in ReportDesignView click on the Sorting and Grouping button and create a GroupHeader for "Category" and KeepTogether set to YES. Try that out and see how it works. That's how my reports are done. If that doesn't work and it IS just a plain ol' Access report, Create a Copy, Replace with dummy data, Zip and Post here. Either myself or someone else will fix it for you. Help us to help you.

here to help,
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Lepanto
    Please help.
    Hey, check out the sample I created below and see if it is what you are looking for. When the form opens, click on the Report button and take a look

BUD
    Attached Files Attached Files