Hello does anyone know how to stop a script?
I'm doing something like:
sqlplusw "firstname.lastname@example.org as sysdba" @c:\standard\sql\check.sql
in this sql-file I want to stop the script at a certain place. Does anyone know how to do this?
- the opening line is my comment, up to the colon.
- where it says lots of code, is where you would put lots of code
- more code here is where you can put more code
- some_table is some table - I don't know your system, you pick a table. Use dual, I don't care.
- where it says some_error_condition_is_bad, put some logic to test for a bad error condition. I don't know what you consider a reason to stop, and I don't care.
- if you don't know about whenever, column, new_value (I typed that one wrong in the original, it's new_value, not newvalue), or the use of the &, then try reading the books.