Thread: Report pop-up

Unanswered: Report pop-up

Is there some VB code or a setting someplace to make a report open in front of all other windows? Thanks

it normally happens by default... what are you doing? izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Yeah that is what is weird. Some of my reports open on top but others don't open on top. I think that whent he report is opened from a form that has pop-up = yes then it opens behind it. But I need the form to have pop-up = yes otherwise the form will open behind the window you open it from. Make sense? Thanks

didn't try, but popup would probably do it!

???? close the popup ?

izy

Well.... I could close it when the report opens, but the thing is is the pop-up form has many pages of records and for each record the user will click and a report will come up they might look at it or print it or whatever but then when they close the report I want them to be at the same record on the form as when they opened the report. This would all be fine if I could somehow make the damn report pop-up.
    Last edited by lskuff; 06-25-04 at 14:16.

hmmmmm.

you understand that you are abusing popup: popup is for stuff that is supposed to be "in your face" - it can't be in your face and not in your face at the same time. a report basically should not be capable of being popup (and as far as i know is not capable)... computer-life should continue, not stop cos a report happened - this could be the first time i agree with Mr. Gates' philosophy.

devious (untried, and not necessarily useful thought), have you tried un-setting the popup property before you open the report and resettting it again when the report is closed (i don't even know if this property is settable at runtime))

anyhow: telly & wine for me.
    have a super weekend! izy

Okay, thanks for your help. I found away around the problem. Enjoy your wine. I will be drinking whiskey. A lot of it.