Thumbs up Unanswered: Update / Insert a MYSQL Table remotely!

Hi

I have loaded a MYSQL DATABASE in a local PC with Internet facility and Valid IP. Another software is working in a remote PC (also with Internet facility) and this software needs to Update / Insert the table of LOCAL PC Database. But now it is not updating. I understand some GRANT PRIVILEGE is needed to give for doing this work. How to do this? I am new to MYSQL.

There is no USERNAME / PASSWORD in LOCAL PC MYSQL (working as localhost, with default username ROOT).

In case of Remote PC. The domain name is : www.nmdatm2004.org
    Username : eatout (and have a password too).

Please give a solution and let me know the GRANT QUERY, to make it workable.

Regards

Suresh Babu

Suresh,

It depends - what are you using to connect rmotely? Is it a script (what language)? Or is "Internt facility" an application?

Let us have a little more info

TK
    Last edited by TK Harmon; 06-27-04 at 00:39.

Lightbulb

No mater what software you're using , the query should look like this

grant all privileges on database1.* to root@nmdatm2004.org identified by 'root_passwd' with grant option;

Thumbs up

Sir,
    Actually I am using PHP script to connect from Web Server to the remote PC, which is running through a CRON JOB.

I tried the option suggested by MUGRABI.

mysql> grant all privileges on hotel.* to eatout_eat2@2eatout.co.uk identified by 'xyz' with grant option;

ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'hotel'

I go the above error (ERROR 1044
    hotel - is the name of the database in LOCAL PC
    eatout_eat2 - the username of WEBSERVER DATABASE
    xyz - Password of WEB SERVER DATABASE (due to security I am giving wrong password, sorry).

Suggest a solution.
    Regards

Suresh Babu

first , to save ur self some headaches, replace "2eatout.co.uk" with the ip of the server on which a user needs access to db , (which is the webserver in ur case),
    second try to connect using this username , with a mysql tool (from webserver ), or php and print out the error , inorder for u to be able to
    troubleshoot .

I tried with IP address also instead of domain name, same error it is coming. Also I have loaded PREMIUM SOFT NAVICAT (MYSQL STUDIO), and I tried to connect to WEBSERVER DATABASE, and it is connnecting also. Als through the NAVICAT I tried to provide GRANT ALL Provision and it is downloading also. But I need this QUERY for doing this work in other PC's. so what to do?

Suresh