Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Can't find database in OMS

Hi. I'm running Oracle 9i on Windows XP. I've create a new database throught the Database Configuration Assistant. I can see the database when I launch Enterprise Manager in Standalone mode, but I cannot access it when logging in through the Oracle Manaement Server. My textbook says to go to the Navigator menu and click Add Database to Tree, but I have no such menu option under Navigator, not even greyed out.

What else do I need to configure to manage my new database when logged into Enterprise Manager in OMS mode?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Talking

Are you really blind? That could be the reason why you Can't find database in OMS ..... (just kidding...... )
    Take it easy

At home I use a braille monitor, but at work I have trained my seeing eye dog to type in SQL statements on the keyboard. He's been doing it a while, but he still has a tendency to link tables in the WHERE clause instead of with JOINs. Bad dog! Bad!

blindman

Try cycling the agent on the node where you set up the new database. Then go into the OEM console as SYSMAN and go down to the 'nodes' tree. Find the node in question (the one you just refreshed the agent on) and right-click -> refresh node. Should take you through the discovery pop-up screen and detect all the databases registered in the listener on that node. If that doesn't work, I'd throw in a cycle of the OMS too. I've had this problem several times and it seems like I have to have some random combination of the preceeding steps to find the new DB. Good luck!

Yeah, that did it. I bumped my whole machine and then refreshed nodes and PRESTO, there was my database. Hmmmm...don't recall seeing any Oracle documentation saying "Reboot now".....

Thanks,Tiger.

blindman

Unhappy Refreshing Node IN OEM

This is a weird problem, the same "fix" worked for me to......

So you had to reboot your server in order to refresh the OMS and find the new BD???? Weird problem...
    Ther must be another solution, isn't it?
    Regards,

Manf