Unanswered: Table/Form Fields

This problem--if it is a problem might be unsolveable--but here goes;

I have a ACCESS database that primarily serves as a customer address book; small wholesale business that when a customer purchases, the staff (3) tries to get the information for various things. (sometimes in person, sometimes phone)

Sometimes they only put in the first name and leave the last name field blank--but alas the LASTname field is required, so they invent names like among the people using it.

Unknown is a popular one--

However, when I run the DB for dupes and whatnot, this poses a problem.

Is there a way to create linking fields that will move down a set of criteria; first name, address, business (if any information pulled from customer company checks), telephone number, that uniquely sorts the first name field?

Or does anyone have any really good solutions?

Thx

Do all the tables you're using have the customers first used in them?

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by dwil2g1
    Do all the tables you're using have the customers first used in them?
    There is a master table of customer accounts as well as the usual linking tables to sales, inventory stuff, preferences, etc.

This table I want separate because it is more or less cash and carry sales, remainders, overstock jobbing, and infrequent customers to (i.e. regular account customers wouldn't buy from these listings)

It is really only a matter of isolating these impartial 'records' and treating them to a different set of reports, newsletters, follow-ups if possible...

The unique identifier is their LastName, but unfortuantely this is not enough and I was wondering if the fields in this field, could be linked to this record to sort through...??