Unanswered: Error: 'Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed'

Hi,

I have a Sybase 11.9.2 insatll running on solaris 5.8 and continually run into the following problem.

Every now and then (usually daily) I get the following error when attempting to connect to the database:

isql -U myuser -P mypassword -S mymachine
    CT-LIBRARY error:
    ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed

Running showserver produces:

./showserver
    UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
    sybase 1585 1584 0 16:04:23 ? 0:01 /home/sybase/bin/dataserver -sruby -d/home/sybase/master.dat -e/home/sybase/ins

To get around this I have to manually kill the process and then restart:

kill -9 1585
    ./startserver -f RUN_ruby

And all is well for another couple of days if I'm lucky.

Any ideas what's going wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Daniel.

If you're using RPC's then check this out...

http://info.sybase.com/CGI-BIN/OM_ISAPI.DLL?clientID=221259448&advquery=network%2 0packet%20layer%3a%20internal%20net%20library%20er ror%3a%20Net-Lib%20protocol%20driver%20call%20to%20connect%20tw o%20endpoints%20failed&infobase=tstex4.nfo&record= {A5CF32}&recordswithhits=on&softpage=Document

Unfortunately we don't have a Sybase Support Contract so I can't access the URL quoted above.

Is theree too much information to post on this thread?

Thanks.

I am (kind of) in same situation. I have a VB app that (almost every other week) fails, generating this same exact error message. If it's re-run from the same machine, it still fails. When I re-run it from a different machine, it finishes fine. I read from somewhere that it could be a memory leak. Did you have any luck finding the cause of the problem and solution to it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ysidora; 12-13-05 at 22:15. Reason: typo error

I've had situtaions when client DNS cache contained old routing information and never gets to the server. If this is a laptop and you are moving it around all the time, do a ipconfig /flushdns before you renew IP Address.