Unanswered: DB newbie looking for some answers...

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of working through a book to attempt to learn how to interact with a DB via ASP. The original tutorial came with an Access DB, which I converted to mySQL (which better suits my environment). I have come to a potential snag. I am using version 4.0.18 of mySQL, and have now come to a portion of the tutorial where I have to create a view. I know this functionality exists in Access, but does it exist in mySQL as well?

I guess what I want to know is if the following query statement (created for an Access DB) will still work with mySQL? :

Code:
    SELECT employees_1.EmployeeID, jobs.JobID, jobs.JobTitle, employees_1.EmployeeFirst, employees_1.EmployeeLast, departments.DepartmentName, [employees].[EmployeeFirst] & ' ' & [employees].[EmployeeLast] AS ManagerName, employees_1.EmployeeEmail, employees_1.EmployeePhone, employees_1.EmployeeMobil, employees_1.EmployeeCube,
    FROM (employees as employees_1 LEFT JOIN (employees RIGHT JOIN (jobs LEFT JOIN jobs AS jobs_1 ON jobs.JobManager = jobs_1.JobID) ON employees.employeeJob = jobs.JobID) LEFT JOIN departments ON jobs.JobDept = departments.DepartmentID;
    and if not, what are my options???

Thanks in advance,

COB

holy crap, that's a complicated query. It looks alright to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by numLocked
    holy crap, that's a complicated query. It looks alright to me though.
    really?

ok, I'll give it a shot...

thanks for your time!