Unanswered: LOAD'ing From a Mapped Drive

I need to load some rather large files into a database that resides on Windows 2000. Unfortunately, there is not nearly enough disk space on the box to house the files being loaded AND the actual data. I would like to load the file from a remote box.

This doesn't seem to work. I get the following:

LOAD FROM "FILE_TRANSFER_CMD \\HDBFG41\PhotoDownload\Cross Reference\A181006D.txt" OF ASC MODIFIED BY NULLINDCHAR=Y METHOD L (7 16, 17 26, 45 50, 1 6) NULL INDICATORS (0, 0, 0, 0) MESSAGES "C:\message" REPLACE INTO AMROBI2.CROSSREFERENCE (ELECSEQ, EDATE, PAPERSEQ, PDATE) COPY NO INDEXING MODE DEFERRED CHECK PENDING CASCADE IMMEDIATE FILE_TRANSFER_CMD g HOSTNAME HDBFG41

SQL27959N The partitioned database configuration option "PARTITIONED DB

CONFIG" is invalid. Reason code = "1".

In checking the message reference, reason code 1 is explained as:

Partitioned database configuration options cannot be specified in a non-partitioned database environment or when the DB2_PARTITIONEDLOAD_DEFAULT registry variable is set to OFF.

I'm not specifying any partitioned database options, am I?

I've checked my registry and cannot find any DB2_PARTITIONEDLOAD_DEFAULT key anywhere.....
    Last edited by ansonee; 06-29-04 at 12:51.
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Probably the user which runs db2 does not have access to the network drive ..

If DB2 for Windows NT has been defined as a Service to the Windows NT operating system, the Service must have a user account with the required read/write file permissions to use LAN resources (drives, directories, and files).

BTW, What does this mean ?
    FILE_TRANSFER_CMD

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Actually, have no idea. This command script was generated via Control Center...

I double checked and the Windows account that I'm using to run the DB2 service on my box also has permissions on that shared folder.
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Well,FILE_TRANSFER_CMD and HOSTNAME commands seem to be the parameter causing SQL27959N error ..

Try this command :

LOAD FROM "\\HDBFG41\PhotoDownload\Cross Reference\A181006D.txt" OF ASC MODIFIED BY NULLINDCHAR=Y METHOD L (7 16, 17 26, 45 50, 1 6) NULL INDICATORS (0, 0, 0, 0) MESSAGES "C:\message" REPLACE INTO AMROBI2.CROSSREFERENCE (ELECSEQ, EDATE, PAPERSEQ, PDATE) COPY NO INDEXING MODE DEFERRED CHECK PENDING CASCADE IMMEDIATE

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.