Unanswered: Access forms real time updating

I have a form which I have to categorize all the items in inventory, in the heiarchy of department, category, subcategory. Now I wasnt sure on how to make the second and third dropdown boxes dependent on the input in the first. I seem to have it working with the sql statement I created for it. However, there is a problem with this. When I click on the drop down box and select the department, the category list will not update until I close the form and open it up again. Is there anything I can do about this to make the updating of the form drop down boxes real time? I am quite disappointed in access so far for stupid reasons like this...is there a way to get this working as desired?

You want to update the options in your second and third combobox (drop-down box) after selecting something from the first combobox.

Up this in the AfterUpdate event of your first combobox (e.g. cbo1).
    Code:
    me.cbo2.requery
    me.cbo3.requery
    You have also have to refresh the form and/or comboboxes. I can't remember, I always have to write the code and see if it works.
    Code:
    me.refresh
    Try requerying the two comboboxes, first to see if that will update the form for you.

Hope this helps!
    http://AccessDB.Info

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. - Douglas Adams

Dude...youre the man! Thanks so much, I would never have figured it out without you.

You're very welcome! Glad that solved your problem!
    http://AccessDB.Info

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. - Douglas Adams