Angry Unanswered: Restricting Users from Accessing Only the Updater-Launcher

My database has a front and back end. To get into the system, the user double-clicks on the icon for an Updater-Launcher that checks the master front end for new versions of forms, queries, reports, etc., before going into the database. The front and back ends are both on our LAN, but just in different directories. I know the best thing would be to put the back end on the hard drive of my PC, but due to constraints put on me by our LAN System Administrator, I had to put them both on the LAN. The system works quite well, but unfortunately a particular user or two insists on not using the Updater-Launcher icon. Instead, they bypass the Updater-Launcher and go directly to the front end to get into the database. This method of access prevents them from seeing any changes I have made to the forms, queries, reports, etc. Is there a way for me to force the users to access the system via the Updater-Launcher? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    I'm not sure I FULLY understand your current setup here, but it sounds similar to an issue I've had...

I have some code in the application that will kill the execution if the file isn't in a given directory, with a given name and is the most current version.

So, if a user tries to use an old version, the program checks to see if there's a new version available, it sees that there IS a new version available. Then it tells the user that there is a new version, and to update their programs (via an external "update programs" executable). Then it quits.

You could apply this same method I think.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I am very inexperienced at writing code. Could you provide an example? Thanks in advance for your help.