Thread: Help

Unanswered: Help

Hi,

I don't really know which forum this should go in, and I don't know if you guys can help heh.

What i'm trying to do is install my old vbulletin database onto my computer so i can view old stuff. I have apache, php and mysql all installed onto my computer and running fine.

What I want to know is how do i get this 500MB .sql file where it should be so that i can view the tables through phpMyAdmin.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks,
    Ricky

re "What I want to know is how do i get this 500MB .sql file where it should be so that i can view the tables through phpMyAdmin."

-> okay, since its a large file, phpMyAdmin might crash if you try to use the import option (e.g. using the SQL tab, select text file). so, instead use mysqlimport form the command line. You'd use a similar approach is you were loading a ton of records into an Oracle database.

mysqlimport provides a command-line interface to the LOAD DATA INFILE SQL statement. Most options to mysqlimport correspond directly to the same options to LOAD DATA INFILE. See section 6.4.9 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax.

mysqlimport is invoked like this:
    shell> mysqlimport [options] database textfile1 [textfile2 ...]

For each text file named on the command-line, mysqlimport strips any extension from the filename and uses the result to determine which table to import the file's contents into. For example, files named `patient.txt', `patient.text', and `patient' would all be imported into a table named patient.

Where abouts on my computer do I place the .sql file to use the mysqlimport?

Also how do I use mysqlimport?

Sorry i'm not very good at this thing heh.

Anyone? heh