Unanswered: Multiple developer problem.

I am trying to develop an app in Access XP woth an associate. I must not have the security/permissions set properly. When one person is in the db and the other tries to log on, the following message is displayed "The database has been placed in a state by user 'x' on machine 'y' that prevents it from being opened or locked". What do I need to do to allow multiple developers modify/save objects in an Access XP db?

Provided Answers: 1
    gah... you can't really have the same file open on multiple machines with write access to the code...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I thought that Access 97 allowed multiple developers. I haven't used Access in a while. So, no multiple developers any more?

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JackK
    I thought that Access 97 allowed multiple developers. I haven't used Access in a while. So, no multiple developers any more?
    Hopefully I'm wrong.

I've never heard of such a thing.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

In order to develop in Access you must have exclusive use of the database ... Ted is right.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Just a thought.

I do most of my work on access from home, as Im basically a hardware guy by trade that does a little work with access to help out.

Anyhow I keep a copy of all the DB's I work with on a zip disk. I work out the kinks of any changes I make at home, then import them at work. You might consider a system like that if your both going to be working with the application at the same time. One of you should be the Czar and have access to the actual DB, and the other work with a current copy. But I would suggest the Czar import all the changes.
    K did you Flashy thing me, K??