Unanswered: Custom Autonumber or Generating a number for a table

My company uses a six digit batch number which consist of the first number being the year, second location, and remaining 4 are sequential that are reset at the beginning of the year.

For example 410001

Every time a user goes into a form, I want one of the fields to display the next sequential number (e.g. 410002). So I'm looking into 2 things, first how to generate this number with each user entry and second, how to reset it at the beginning of the year. Thank you all for help

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vojtab
    My company uses a six digit batch number which consist of the first number being the year, second location, and remaining 4 are sequential that are reset at the beginning of the year.

For example 410001

Every time a user goes into a form, I want one of the fields to display the next sequential number (e.g. 410002). So I'm looking into 2 things, first how to generate this number with each user entry and second, how to reset it at the beginning of the year. Thank you all for help

Hi vojtab,

Here is a link to a site that has tips on created AutoIncrementing number fields. The other part of the equation is to "Concatenate" your fields to show as one number...if you like that. Resetting it, I'm not sure about but maybe someone else has a solution for you.

wish ya luck,
    Bud

http://www.candace-tripp.com/_pages/..._downloads.asp