Unanswered: insert record problem

Hi!

Here's my problem.

I have a table called MAIN with MID(2-digit number) and COD(5-digit number) as the primary key(combined). I have another table called HISTORY which monitors changes to records of MAIN. It also uses the MID and COD, plus a field called NUM which combined with the MID and COD creates a Primary key. HISTORY and MAIN have a one to many relationship.

MAIN
    - MID - Primary
    - COD - Key

HISTORY
    - MID - Primary
    - COD -
    - NUM - Keys
    - EVENT- should be 1 initially
    - WHEN - Date the record was added.

I regularly receive a file that contains the old and new records. They get imported to MailDBImport which in turn I ue to update MAIN and HISTORY tables. The new records need to be added to MAIN. How should my query look like if I only want to import the new records?

Also, I need to create a record in the HISTORY table for each of the new MAIN records added. How can I do an INSERT statement to create a record in HISTORY that would copy the MID and COD from MAIN and also add my own values to the record? I tried this statement and it gives me an error.

INSERT INTO History ( MID, COD_IIN, 1,1,#06/30/2004#,1,TRUE) SELECT MID, COD_IIN FROM MailDBImport WHERE (((MailDBImport.MID) Not In (SELECT Main.MID FROM Main INNER JOIN History ON (Main.COD_IIN = History.COD_IIN) AND (Main.MID = History.MID))) AND (MailDBImport.COD_IIN) Not In (SELECT Main.COD_IIN FROM Main INNER JOIN History ON (Main.COD_IIN = History.COD_IIN) AND (Main.MID = History.MID))))

Once this statement gets fixed, how could I make the date(06/30/2004) reflect today's date instead of having to manually edit the query?

Hope someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    insert into tableA values (1, date())
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.