dbforums "Moderator at large"

Is there such a thing on dbforums as a "moderator at large"? It would be nice if there was someone in the forums on a regular (maybe even daily) basis that could handle reports of misplaced advertising, abusive threads, etc.

This wouldn't be so bad, but some of the forums (including VERY active forums) don't have moderators for any practical purpose, and some don't have any moderator at all.

-PatP

maybe we should vote on who should moderate which forums.

That's a good idea, but dbforums isn't paid for by the users. Whoever is running it needs to make sound business decisions about who can moderate what, not rely on popular vote. I just wish there was a bit more "hands on" management, especially someone to police the spam and move mis-posted threads to the proper forum.

-PatP

Peasant Woman: How did you become moderator. I didn't vote for you.
    King Arthur: The Lady of the lake, her arm clad in the finest samite, held aloft the sword Excalibur, thus proclaiming that I was to be moderator of the forum.

Eh, you know the rest. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    Peasant Woman: How did you become moderator. I didn't vote for you.
    King Arthur: The Lady of the lake, her arm clad in the finest samite, held aloft the sword Excalibur, thus proclaiming that I was to be moderator of the forum.

Eh, you know the rest. ;-)
    My cell phone's SMS message tone goes something like: "Thwap! Message for you, sir..." if that give you any clues.

-PatP