Unanswered: Exporting Report To Excel

I just converted a 97 database to 2002 (SP2). The macro that I created to export reports to Excel no longer works. I receive an error that says "The format in which you are attempting to output the current object is not available...."

No problem exporting using the menu bar (Tools > Office Links > Analyze it with Microsoft Excel).

Any suggestions for getting the macro to work (I'm not a VBA programmer)?

Try recreating the macro in 2002. If that doesn't work, convert your macro to vb and post the code.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Try recreating the macro in 2002. If that doesn't work, convert your macro to vb and post the code.
    Good one ... converting Macros to Code is a very good thing. Once you convert the Macro to code, you start to learn more about coding, which is more powerful and flexible than Macros. Also, there are rumors Uncle Bill may someday just skip the Macro functionality too. So the sooner you learn the better. As I myself am now learning and enjoying it.

have a nice one,
    BUD

I had double-checked the settings in the converted macro, but had not actually recreated it. I just created a fresh macro in 2002, and all is well.

Learning VBA is on my agenda (I've in fact purchased a couple books), but haven't had time to get to it yet.

Thanks for your help.