Unanswered: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A004C)-Path not Found

Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A004C)
    Path not found
    /ValleyForms/excel1.asp, line 44
    __________________________________________________ __
    Hello, Anyone know how to resolve this error?
    **this line here is what I think its refering too, but why?

Set act = fso.CreateTextFile(server.mappath("write2htm/"&g_filename & "-"& month(date())& day(date())& year(date()) &".htm"), true)

Thank you

Perhaps try changing this:
    server.mappath("write2htm...

To be more like this instead:
    server.mappath("/write2htm...
    Last edited by Bullschmidt; 07-01-04 at 20:58.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

0x800A004C - CTL_E_PATHNOTFOUND as an intermittent fault

After having spent months developing a browser app using VB.NET and SQL Server that will happily use FSO for all sorts of disc accesses for me, I have now let it loose on some test users, and frequently, (but not always!) they will get the 0x800A004C - CTL_E_PATHNOTFOUND error.

I have a mapped drive to the app server, they do not as it wouldnot be sensible to provide them with this sort of access.

We are all mystified.

Plainly permissions are set sufficiently well so that both I and the test users can access directoriea dn files on hard discs over three servers.

One instance of the error, reported through Try/Catch:
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A004C (CTL_E_PATHNOTFOUND). at Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass.GetFolder(String FolderPath) at DDA.FSOClass.GetSubfolders(String FolderName) in \\nas-dda-01\wwwroot$\DDA\FSOClass.vb:line 625 at DDA.Workflow1.ddlInboxStatus_SelectedIndexChanged( Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\nas-dda-01\wwwroot$\DDA\Workflow1.aspx.vb:line 645

The code seems to work fine about 80% of the time. Any ideas?

Mystery solved

I have had word today from the Infrastructure Team that they "can confirm that the problem was due to NTFS and local group permissions on this server."

Did they ever give you any work around? I'm trying to use FileSystemObject programmatically in VFP, and I can't figure out why it sometimes works and sometimes reports 0x800A004C (the folder being copies is always there.)