Unanswered: Alter sys and system

I want to give the ability to change password in oracle to a particular user, but at the same time I don't want this id to be able to change the password for the Sys and the System..What's the best way to achive this...

Any user can change their own password (unless) you have rovoked the ALTER USER privilege.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

To add to the earlier reply, a user with SQL*PLUS can issue the PASSWORD command to change their own password. After they login to SQL*PLUS they type PASSWORD and hit return. It will prompt for the old and new passwords. This command will not allow them to change anyone elses password, unless you grant special privs. Users with ALTER ANY USER can change other users' passwords.

There was a bug in 817 related to using the ALTER USER command to change passwords for users whose profile has a password complixity verification function associated with it. I don't know if it was fixed, but I recall Oracle telling us (at that time) to use the SQL*Plus PASSWORD command as a workaround.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm