Thread: No Value Given

Unanswered: No Value Given

hi... i have this combo box that im using to display an employees information in a form, the combo box is in the header and the information to display is in the detail, what someone sugested to me is that i use a query i did it, but when i go to the combo box wizard and make it look up a table or a query, i put in the query that i made put the field that i want in this case is Employee_ID it tells me "No Value Given for one or more requiered parameters"

the query goes like this
    Project_ID
    Project_Name
    Project_Description

Employee_ID
    Show is un checked
    Criteria:[Forms]![EmployeeInput]![CboEmp]

what in the heck is it??????

thnx in advanced....
    Last edited by Aleman; 07-01-04 at 17:51.

If I am reading your message correctly, it looks like the source for your combo box is a query in which the criteria is the value in the same combo box. Your Combo box is trying to get values from a query that is trying to get a value from the combo box. Nothing from nothing leaves....nothing.
    SteveH

hey thnx for the reply... but to follow up on yuor post how do i make it change...

I am assuming you want to pick an employee from the combo box and have the details appear in the detail section of the form. First remove the criteria from Employee_ID in the query and check it to show so all employees appear in the combo box. If you don't want that ID to be in the combo box, remove that column from the box (or recreate the box without that column).

Put a macro or event procedure in the OnClick event for the combo box that will requery the form with the record chosen in the combo box.

Good luck!
    SteveH

hey Steven thnx 4 ur reply... u had me @ Employee_ID in the query.... i've done all that but no luck.... can u gide me in ur example, please....

thanx for ur help