Unanswered: Continuous Forms

I need some help with the continuous forms option. Is it possible when data in a particular record does not meet specific criteria that it can have it's back colour displayed as say red? When ever I have tried this before it changes the whole list of records to red when I only want the one or a few displayed as red.

Thanks for the help

Neil.

Provided Answers: 1
    I think you can't specify the back color for particular rows in a continous form. Perhaps using API.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilA
    I need some help with the continuous forms option. Is it possible when data in a particular record does not meet specific criteria that it can have it's back colour displayed as say red? When ever I have tried this before it changes the whole list of records to red when I only want the one or a few displayed as red.

Thanks for the help

Neil.
    You can do forecolour quire easily.

What you do is have two fields in your query where one or the other will be null depending on the data. In your form you overlay both fields exactly and give the one on top a transparent background and in your case you would make one of the fields have a red forecolour.

As an example I have several for when the value is <0 I use red and for >=0 I use green. The two fields are both based on IIF. If I wanted to I could also have 3 fields and have one blue for 0.

Mike

Mike

You could try putting a List Box in, resizing it to fill the whole section of the form, and then within your code, specify your criteria and the List0.BackColor you require
    "Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."

Quote Originally Posted by NeilA

Thanks for the help

Neil.
    Actually you can ... Look at the "Conditional Formatting" option of the control on your continuous form ... You can set the "Fill" color (background) or the Fore color ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Here is a custom function I used in a Db for the Got and lost focus events:

Function ChangeColor(c As Control)

Debug.Print c.Name, c.BackColor
    Select Case c.BackColor
    Case 16777215
    c.BackColor = 65535
    Case 65535
    c.BackColor = 16777215
    Case Else
    c.BackColor = 16777215
    End Select
    End Function

A call like Me.myText changed the backcolor to yellow on got focus and white on lost focus. That was the user alwasy new where they were at on a continous form.