Unanswered: Simultaneous users - data input

Anybody tried more than 10 people data input team to insert data simultaneously in ms access database? Somebody told that ms access speed goes down and even problems with data occurs.

I would have to make 10 persons data input team for ms access data input.

Would it be problematical - in terms of speed, reliability?

Provided Answers: 1
    I think Acce$$ is not considered as a good multi user system. But for one work place it is good.

Try to use the BeginTrans of work spaces. Also the CommitTrans and RollBack so that you will be able to reduce the error resulting from accessing the same data at the same time.

Thumbs up

I built an application using Access 2000 that has upwards of 300 users entering data throughout the day as well as running reports. I divided the entry screens and the tables, so that there is one master table with around 15 teams (separate entry modules) entering data into the master table(s).

It can take up to 15 seconds for the entry screens to load over a LAN, which is slow, but once the screen is loaded at the desktop the user keeps it open all day for use. No slow down when entrying data once screens are open.

Access is slow over a LAN. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamark
    I built an application using Access 2000 that has upwards of 300 users entering data throughout the day as well as running reports. I divided the entry screens and the tables, so that there is one master table with around 15 teams (separate entry modules) entering data into the master table(s).

It can take up to 15 seconds for the entry screens to load over a LAN, which is slow, but once the screen is loaded at the desktop the user keeps it open all day for use. No slow down when entrying data once screens are open.

Access is slow over a LAN. Just the way it is.
    Now how can you do that??? Access only allows a MAX of 255 concurrent users ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Smile Access multi users

I've got to admit to having the odd problem with severa people entering data simultaneously into an Access database when it was open to 8 users (97 version I must add).

I think if you're going to have more than about ten users you might want to look at SQL Server or even mySAL with Access as the front end.

Good luck.

Now how can you do that??? Access only allows a MAX of 255 concurrent users ...

Only true if you use the mdw security features.

I think if you're going to have more than about ten users you might want to look at SQL Server or even mySAL with Access as the front end.

Nah. Not at all.