Hi,

I have got this weird problem with connecting to an access database within our intranet.

Here is the situation.

Server1 is the intranet server with the asp pages. Server2 is a server on another location where the database resides.
I've made a drivemapping on server1 which points to a share on server2. I can open the access database if I doubleclick
on it.
I also setup an IUSR account on server2 with the same name and password and I also checked the share permissions and
the ntfs permissions, which are, for testing, full control for this IUSR (it doesn't matter anyway, because it's not
reachable for the outside world).

When I try to open this access database with:

objdc.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\wensink-bdczw\verkoop pw adm\backend access\verkoop pkw_be.mdb;User ID=administrator;Password=***;"

I get the error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e4d'
Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
/includes/cnn_vkp_lijst.inc, line 12

When I try to open this access database with:

objdc.open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=verkoop pkw_be.mdb; DefaultDir=\\wensink-bdczw\verkoop pw adm\backend access;"

I get the error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

This is the contents of the includefile I use:

<%
dim strpath
strpath="v:/backend access/verkoop pkw_be.mdb"
response.write strpath
Set objdc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
'objdc.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & strpath & ";"
'objdc.open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & strpath
'objdc.open "DSN=verkoop_adm_pw"
'objdc.open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=verkoop pkw_be.mdb; DefaultDir=\\wensink-bdczw\verkoop pw adm\backend access;"

objdc.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\wensink-bdczw\verkoop pw adm\backend access\verkoop pkw_be.mdb;User ID=administrator;Password=***;"

'objdc.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=v:\backend access\verkoop pkw_be.mdb;User ID=Admin;"

objdc.Open
%>

Does anybody have an idea what's going on here?

With regards,
Pascal