Unanswered: CONVERTING from ORACLE DBA to DB2 DBA

Hi DBAs,
    I am a steady Oracle DBA. But recently my office has given me instruction to me to convert my profile to a DB2 DBA. Ofice also encouraged me to appear in all DB2 certification tests. Is there anyone kindhearted who also converted from ORACLE ? Then he will be the best guide of me.
    I have very clear understanding about the Oracle architecture, Oracle's performance tuning styles, Database tuning style and also a very clear idea about Oracle's style of backup and recovery. I desparately searching any kind help from any one.
    Thanks to all the members and administrators of dbforums .
    Rajat Raychaudhuri

I am comfortable on all the three major databases and well know platforms (Linux, Unix, Windows)... I started as a Oracle DBA then as per industry/client specific needs, I expanded my horizon to other databases as well.

Since you are familar with Architecture, Tuning process etc - I think it will not be too difficult to pick up DB2 at all. The task for a dba remains the same .. I recommend that you start with reading db2 manuals/guides on the following topics: architecture, backup/reco (re-read if you are a production dba...), new features, administration and tuning. There are plenty of resources available online or otherwise that can help you to acquire knowledge.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

A good place to start may be the developers domain 'New to DB2' section
    www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd

More links are in the 'Useful DB2 Stuff' Thread and www.db2click.com

You can also find technical articles categorized by subject in the idug insider section at www.idug.org

Good luck

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanx to all . I have got warm replies from some members. Any way I have started with some downloaded materials and very soon I will be in a position to ask specific questions to get support from your end. I am also a very new user in dbforums . Hope, I wil achieve soon with your help.
    Thanks again in advance.

Rajat Raychaudhuri

Hi Rajat,

I have also uploaded a document that would help you learn DB2 UDB using your Oracle skills.

Best of luck,
    Gautam
    Attached Files Attached Files