Unanswered: Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 Patch

I'm upgrading our Oracle server to patch 9.2.0.4.0 and in the installation notes it states to start the server in migrate mode and run the catpatch.sql script. I though I could get away with this if I created my database after the 9.2.0.4.0 patch had been applied, however it seems that I must run the catpatch.sql on every database that is created after as I can't perform an import or export. Can anybody advise me?

You have to run catpatch.sql on your new instance only if you didn't create the new instance with the database configuration assistant. The DCA runs the script automatically while creating instances. But if you created the instance manually, the catpach.sql will not be executed.

Thanks

Thanks aeymann!

This doesn't work if you use a datawarehouse template, but seems to work with the others. Can you explain the difference between these templates?

No i can't. Suprises me too. You might check Metalink on that.

I believe you can run catpatch.sql script as many times as you want. It does take care of the data dictionary updates after the patch installation.

HTH,

clio_usa - OCP 8/8i/9i DBA