Exclamation Unanswered: ActiveX Component cannot create Object

Hi,
    I have developed a VB Application in Windows2000 and created a package. I run the setup and at the end I got the error "An Error Occurred While Registering the File Msado21.tlb". I ignored that error and the application worked well. But when I try to install the setup in Windows XP I got the same error and when running the application I got the error "ActiveX Component cannot create Object". The application will insert an image in an Existing word file and send it as attachment by email. If it works in Windows 2000 and why it is not working in Windows XP?

Thanks for helps
    Madhivanan

Remove the Msado21.tlb from your setup list and remake your setup package.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Why use ADO2.1, when ADO2.6 and ADO2.7 have been around for a while, especially when you are writing applications for Win2000 and WinXP? Might I suggest you at least use ADO2.5 which resolved many of ADO2.1 problems.

Thanks guys
    I get my error solved. In VB Apllication, I send email using CDONTS. I started IIS and configured to SMTP Services in the XP and now it is working well.

Madhivanan

ActiveX Component cannot create Object and error loding in dll

hi madivanan,
    i've the same pbm ,what u told in this forum.but i can't solve my problem still.
    i'm invoking the word,excel and powerpoint from vb to do some process.
    i also got the error "An error occured while registering the msado21.tlb".

what i can do?, could you help me?.
    i'm in very urgent.

Thumbs up

Hi gpmani, use Ado2.0 reference in VB

Madhivanan