Unanswered: db2 client and fixpack - only one installation - "hot install"

Hi,

I would like to create DB2 fixpack CD witch will include installation of DB2 Run-time Client v8.1 merged with fixpack 2.
    I don't wont to install two times (db2 client and fixpack). I would like to create on CD, that anyone else can install this without of knowing the details of installation.

Thanks,
    Grofaty

If the client is Windows, then you only need the latest fixpack, which can be installed as a new install, or as an update to an existing DB2 client. Linux and UNIX DB2 clients require the base code to installed first, and then the fixpacks can be installed on top of that.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Talking

What about Personal edition on Windows? Does it require base install?

Thanks,

All versions of DB2 on the Windows paltform can be installed using the latest fixpack, without a previous install of the base code.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi,

For Windows "server editions" (personal, workgroup, enterprice) you need base code. As I understand then with procedure of hotfix install it can be generated the one installation only and copied to CD and then only one installation from this generated CD.

Thanks Markus_A, I will download Run-time client fixpack 6 and then install on Windows box.

Grofaty