Thread: Lost trigger?

Question Unanswered: Lost trigger?

Hi,

I'm using SQL Server 7. I created an insert trigger on a table, and it is working correctly. But how do I now edit it in enterprise manager?

If I right-click on the table, all tasks, manage triggers, all I get is <new> in the name dropdown at the top. Why isn't my trigger there?!?

I must be doing something stupid... I'd appreciate it if someone pointed it out because I don't get it!

Rob

Click on the dropdown and it will show you the existing trigger(s) on the table. Select the one you wish to edit and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomh53
    Click on the dropdown and it will show you the existing trigger(s) on the table. Select the one you wish to edit and have at it.

That's the problem - my trigger isn't there! The only item in the dropdown is <new>

I have just discovered something.... If I select all tasks, display dependancies... I get an error:

Error 21776: [SQL-DMO]The name 'trigger_SetImagePath' was not found in the Triggers collection. If the name is a qualified name, use [] to separate the various parts of the name, and try again.

1. Close EM and restart it
    2. Don't edit anything in EM. Make sure you save it as a script.
    3. Always DROP and recreate, don't alter (this is a personal choice, but views become dicey)
    4. Do sp_helptext trigger_SetImagePath, in QA, and tell us what you get
    5. Post the T-SQL of the trigger so we can take a look (which won't be able to do, unless you saved the script, see item 2)
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.