Question Unanswered: How to match Adp front version with SQL Server database

I am currently designing an adp front end that links to a Sql Server database.

In terms on front end upgrade prespective i am thinking about a logon routine procedure ( which should be a vba code code that runs at startup) to check wheter the adp front end which is being used is the latest release hence compatible with the database current version.

Create and manage version number at back end level is quiet easy however to set a version number or whatever else information in the adp is somewhat a big hassle as database properties are not available from visual basic when using adp.

Was also thinking about using my xml file which holds my configuration information such as Data source - catalog but that's mean deployment of new front end must be carried out with local xml file change.

Also any manual update of information about version in xml file could allow old front end to run with database.

Please any tips and advises on how to handle this issue highly appreciated.

Regards to everybody
    Benone

Provided Answers: 1
    Declare a global variable in a module, and set the variable to the value of your version number. Then you can use it in a query to check for compatibility.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

You are completely right i didn't think about it .

that seems to be a good idea ... tks
    Benone