Thread: Boring...

Boring...

Why has this forum become so boring lately? About 5 new postings a week, most of which ask the same question (how to implement subtypes). A while ago we had some great debates about surrogate v. natural keys, what 1st normal form "really" means, and why the "Associative Model of Data" is either (a) going to make relational redundant, or (b) an over-hyped rehash of the generic "entity-attribute-value" design.

Let's have some action!

It's nice to be missed.

It could be boaring because alot of assignments have been in over the last few weeks. You probably see this every year. Most people (must admit im guilty of this sometimes) post on here to help them with assignments and such without looking for previous posts realating to there problem.

Id love to engage in a database topic but I dont have enough experince to voice any decent points.

Quote Originally Posted by certus
    It's nice to be missed.
    You have been! Now say something provocative...

Quote Originally Posted by andrewst
    You have been! Now say something provocative...
    Good morning ?

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Good morning ?
    Don't get me started on that topic!

Actually, it is ironic that I started this thread with the complaint that all we ever discuss is how to implement subtypes. Then we had a very interesting discussion in "Re: Boring" which was all about... how to implement subtypes.

I'm not sure what that means - except maybe it's not what you talk about that's important after all!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewst
    I'm not sure what that means - except maybe it's not what you talk about that's important after all!
    You have to be careful what you ask for... You might get it! Interesting topics come in so many flavors, and the best ones are often unexpected. You just gotta love that!

I've been off on holiday for a week, and I had some great conversations on topics that I rarely (if ever) consider during a normal work day. It is marvelous to get a "breath of fresh air" every now and then. It also makes me think that I need to make a little more time to get back to some of my old loves, things that I enjoy but haven't made the time for recently!

-PatP