Unanswered: db2clifn.a issue ...

Hello

I have a problem with the db2clifn.a file getting corrupted (not sure). This is the second time its happening. some of the functions like 'round' fail throwing this error:
    [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0444N Routine "SYSFUN.ROUND" (specific name "SQL0102061543") is implemented with code in library or path "...sqllib/function/db2clifn", function "CLI_udfROUND1" which cannot be accessed. Reason code: "4". SQLSTATE=42724

Here are the other details:
    ----------------------
    DB2 v7.2 fix9
    DB21085I Instance "inst1" uses DB2 code release "SQL07027" with level identifier "03080105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.77", "special_8121"
    and "U486937_8121".
    I ran the `file` command and AIX recognizes the file as:
    db2clifn.a: executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not stripped
    Also the permissions and ownership on the file are OK. The links from /usr/lpp/db2_07_01/function to the instance's sqllib/function directory are fine.
    -------------------
    Any idea as to why this is happening?

When I ftp the file from a different machine (the other machine is at the same AIX and DB2 levels), it works fine. The file on both the machines is of the same size (140704 bytes). So I'm not clear if its corruption thats causing the problem.

Thanks
    Srini

Hello

Same here with me. function timestampdiff which requires db2clifn also gives error. The error says that it cannot be accessed. reason code=4 SQLSTATE=42724. Looking at the reason code, it said that it might because of incorrect library path, or insufficient memory. I have freed up my REDHAT used-memory, but still no work.
    Are there any suggestion??

Provided Answers: 11
    db2 v7 ??
    you will not find much info anymore about this...
    has the problem just occured - or never tested before - or always be giving this error ?
    when did this started ??
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

I got it work already, by restarting the DB2 services..
    Still don't know why it happens. Are there memory leakage issue in DB2? If Yes, could anyone suggest the countermeasure (tuning maintenance, etc?)

Provided Answers: 11
    you could install latest fixpack if still available, so you have all maintenance..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be