Thread: INsert INto

Question Unanswered: INsert INto

I have 2 tables one is the active table and the other is a term table. I went into sql server enterprise to do an INSERT INTO query, what I needed to do is insert values from one table to the other, basically when the data from one table is no longer active then it needs to go to the other, what tells me its no longer active is the status. But when I try to run this I get an error message. Can someone help pls, tell me what I'm doing wrong possibly
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.

ConditionalLicense field in your target table does not allow NULLs...And since you don't even include it into the field list, - the field would contain NULL, since that's how you defined it, - NOT NULL.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Unhappy OMG What a Gooober

I wish I didnt post that now. Ok I went and looked at the table and noticd that the conditonal license field all nulls was not checked I thought i was but it wasnt. Now problem is solved (mental note investigate problem first, then stop and think if no results then POst ON DBFORUMS) Of course the bad part is the server went down before I put the post up, I had to wait for it to come back up then investigate the issue. But thats still no excuse ...I'm a NOOOOBBB (hanging head in shame)

I'm So Sorry

Provided Answers: 54
    No sweat, kid! I'll let whoever has never "jumped the gun" on something obvious beat you up, I know that I'm not that person!

-PatP