Smile Unanswered: DB2 Error Message

Hello,

I get this message when I try to run a report written in VBA for Excel. I connect to DB2 through ADO.

DESCRIPTION=ERPR FAILURE:ERROR No: -2147467259; ERROR: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "UPDATABLE WORKFILE", type of resource: "100", and resource name: "TEMP DATABASE ". SQLSTATE=57011

What does this mean?

How do I rectify this?

Thank you
    Sri

You need to specify what DB2 you are connecting to. Below is a resolution for OS/390:

Problem
    On IBM® DB2® Connect client from DB2 for OS/390® server, I received the message:

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: "UPDATABLE WORKFILE", type of resource: "100", and resource name: "TEMP DATABASE ". SQLSTATE=57011

Cause
    You have implicitly tried to use a scrollable cursor, even though your database is not properly set up to do so. A DB2 for OS/390 server requires that a database be created "AS TEMP" in order to use scrollable cursors.

Solution
    To solve this problem, you have 2 choices:

1. If you do not require a scrollable cursor, you can disable scrollable cursors by setting:
    "DISABLEKEYSETCURSOR=1" and "PATCH2=6" in the DB2CLI.ini file on the client.

2. If you want to use scrollable cursors, you need to create a database on the server to be used as the Temporary Database by specifying "AS TEMP" on the CREATE DATABASE statement. You also need to create at least one table space in the temporary database.

AND

SQL0904N Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource. Reason code: reason-code, type of resource: resource-type, and resource name: resource-name.

Explanation: The SQL statement could not be executed because resource resource-name of type resource-type was not available at the time for the reason indicated by reason-code. Refer to the Problem Determination documentation of DB2 for MVS for an explanation of resource type codes.

User Response: Verify the identity of the resource that was not available. To determine why the resource was unavailable, refer to the specified reason-code.
    Last edited by dmmac; 07-07-04 at 16:36.

Sri,
    Use this web site for future message reference

http://webdocs.caspur.it/ibm/web/udb...m0/db2m002.htm

cheers
    Melb