Arrow Unanswered: Simple SQL statement! Please help

Hi I need to write a small query but I 'm not sure what the SQL is could some one help me!

I have a table where a row is enter against each area where we get a new customer. What I need to do is write a SQL statement that will give me the number of the customer we have for each area in the first 6 month of this year , So I guess the query would go something liek this.

SELECT count(*), AREA from customers where ENTERDATE is between '01-01-2004' and '01-07-2004' group by AREA;

or somethng like that could some body, hepl me with the correct syntax, Thanks Ed

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi Nixies

I believe something like this will count the number of each AreaID between the specified dates

SELECT Count(AreaID) AS AreaCount
    FROM Customer
    WHERE ENTERDATE Between #1/1/2004# And #1/7/2004#
    GROUP BY AreaID

HTH

MTB

Excellet thanks

Quick question is it definately # I should be use=ign or has the forum alter your orginal post?

the "#" signs designate the string as a "short date" format. It should be used exactly as displayed.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Nop

If you are writing the SQL in code then the # delimiting the date string is necessary (in both DAO & ADO).

If you are using the query designer in Access and put the dates in a Criteria field row, then you do not use a #, but if you then look at the SQL view of the designed query you will see that access adds them.

MTB