Thread: Coach Trips

Question Coach Trips

I currently run a small Coach Trip business, im use paper based materials and a few computer databases.

But what i am looking to do is create a database for booking Coach Trips. What i need is a way of entering in the customers details (or selecting current customers who have booked before with a customerid) then Booking the specific trip at the same time. It needs to update so it tells me when the coach is full so it will not let me carry on booking people onto these trips.

I don't really have the money to spend big money but i do have Microsft Access 2000 if that helps. I am just asking you kind people if you could give me any help or pointers.

Thanks for your time

I dont think theres any shortcut.
    I would recommend buying an Access book and learn it.
    Access is pretty easy to learn.

You might try an entry screen that allows you to search when you enter a customerID or proceed with the entry of a new customer. This can be set up programmatically in MSA. This assumes however that you always know the customerID when you are entering data. You might also incorporate a name search.

One way to enforce a count of the number of seats after the entry of each individual against a table containing the total seats for each coach. The count could also be used to provide the number of seats available for display. In this way you could know by reference if a large party will overbook the coach seats.

Here's a sample airline booking data model the ideas for booking are transferable.

http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_...king/index.htm