Unanswered: Migrating Problem: Btrieve 6.15 to Pervasive 2000i or V8

Hi Folks,
    im quite new to this forum, but i would be pleased to get an answer to my little Problem.
    I have an Application working with the old BTrieve 6.15. So far so good. But then i installed the Pervasive Sql 2000i Version which claims to be compatible with Btrieve 6.15.
    On the first look erverything appeared to work but after installing my data can only be accessed by a single Workstation. If an other user tries to access there is no Data and at least no ErrorCode, which of course can be a Problem of the clientapplication, but what is the Problem?

Has anyone any idea why my data can not be accessed by multiple users anymore and what can i do to ensure this access.
    Thank you very much.
    Bye oP.

Provided Answers: 4
    Because you're not getting an error code, it's going to be tough. Which version of Pervasive.SQL 2000i did you install (Server, workgroup,etc)? If it's the server, did you install the client at all machines accessing the data? If it's the workgroup, did you install the workgroup at all machines accessing the data?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks for reply!

Yes it is the Workgroup, and yes it was installed on both Systems. But thats all, we did not attempt to convert the Data or something else. I simply release the Folder for Network-Access and we both launched the Application.

Without Pervasive 2000i erverything works fine - any Idea?

Provided Answers: 4
    Sounds like the two workgroup engines aren't communicatings. CAn you use the FUnction Executor to open the same file from both machines? Does that give an error? If so, what error? If not, then it may be an application issue. Have you contacted the vendor to see if they support 2000i or have any known issues with it. The application can cause compatibility with newer versions of Pervasive if the app did things that weren't recommended by Pervasive/Btrieve (for example, putting incorrect information in the Open call which in newer versions could cause incorrect behavior).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thank you!
    I have tried what you told me and i did get an Error. It was Err161: The maximum number of user count licenses has been reached. I fixed this Problem.

It was the WorkGroupEngine of the Dev-Version, which is only 30-day trial. I reinstalled Pervasive and now the Error is gone. Now i can Access the Data with the FunctionExecuter from both sides. I also can access from 1 side with the Application and from the Other side with the FunctionExecuter. But im not allowed to access data from both sides with the application.
    The problem stays the same.

Meanwhile I got the Source of this App, it will take me a while to get through, but if i find data opening or accessing calls, what are this incorrect information you mentioned? It looks like my App is using the API-Calls like BtrCall(), BtrvInit() and BtrvStop(). But its still not running so i have problems getting an Status_Code.

Greetings!
    Last edited by originalPrankst; 07-08-04 at 13:43.