Unanswered: Combo Box to Open a form and find record

Hi, please help as i'm so frustrated and desperate. It's driving me crazy although it must be so simple.

I am a newbie to Access 2000 and am building a Database. I need to do the following:

I have a Form called "Printer Menu". On this form I have a combo box that lists all the companys printers by there ID. E.G .Printer001, Printer002 etc etc. This is being Pulled from a table called Printer Data
    Now I want to select any particular Printer ID in the combo box and when I double click or click I need it to open the "Printer Inventory Form" form and go to the selected Printer Record in that form.

ALSO: In the future if I add new printer records will this show in the combo box list ? If not how do I make it.

I have no real knowledge of VB etc so if you could explain as simple as you can. Much appreciated !

If you use the properties for the combobox and the event called On DBL click. Then use the code builder and put in:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Printer Inventory Form" , , , , , , "[PrinterID] = ' " & [NameofCombobox] & " ' "

Then in the form properties of the "Printer Inventory Form" form. Select the On open event and input:

If Not IsNull (OpenArgs) Then

Me.Filter = OpenArgs
    Me.FilterOn = True

End If

That should work.

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    Subtle bug:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Printer Inventory Form" , , , , , , "[PrinterID] =" & [NameofCombobox]
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***