Unanswered: 4 levels of forms...problem

I am trying to create a type of user interface/form that is basically a query that can be viewed real time. I have 3 levels that have to be selected to get the output, for example, department, categories, subcategories, and based on the selections, the query displays the items that meet the criteria. However, the only way I have found to implement this so far is having the department level be the outside level, with category being inside it, subcategory being inside the category level and the query being inside the subcategory level. Furthermore, its designed in such a way that it wastes a lot of screen space and the navigation is far away from the display data. My ideal way to have it work would be to have the department, category and subcategory displaying in drop down boxes, without the navigation bar, with the query being in spreadsheet type format, and based on the department the categories will change and based on the categories the subcategories will change, then when selecting a subcategory the items displayed in the query view will change. I just find the way I managed to implement it really crude, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it...sorry if it doesnt seem that complicated, I am learning as I go along. Thanks again.

Provided Answers: 1
    Does all of the information need to be viewable at the same time? From your suggestion of drop down boxes, I'm guessing it doesn't.

Perhaps you would consider using seperate, filtered forms that the user can choose to view?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***