Thread: OLEDB Providers

Unanswered: OLEDB Providers

Hi,

I have a DTS package which is using OLEBD provider for Oracle, it was working fine. I tried to open this package and I got this error message "There was a problem retrieving the list of OLE DB Providers"

I tried to intall MDAC8.2, it didn't help, should I reinstall SQL Server?

Thanks!

Where was the package working fine from, and where you were trying to open it from when you received an error?
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Re:OLEDB Providers

It was working from SQL Server 2000, I am trying it from same machine, same sql server and its not working.

So you tried to install MDAC 8.2 on the SQL Server box? MDAC level on the server is controlled by service packs and should not be changed by any other way, like direct installation. MDAC is what SQL uses to talk to itself. If this is what you did, - at a minimum you need to have a reliable backup of your master, msdb, and user databases, because you may have to reapply SP3 (not sure that would do it), reinstall SQL (possibly will fix it), or reload the box.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Problem retrieving list of ole db providers

I tried to reinstall sql 2000 and service pack 3a but problem still exists. Is there any other option besides reloading the box?

Thanks!