Thread: Filter help

Question Unanswered: Filter help

On one of my screens there is an options to search for records,there are about 6 or 7 fields that you could search by,search by one field only or all of them.

In one of the other screens in the database there is a check box,that signals a records has been closed if check box selected.

And I need to include that in my search as well.Now I am not much of a code writer so I am asking you, can I create a macro that would have a sql query and looking if this field is selected at the same time and doing the search that is already there, and if not,could somebody suggest me something please

Regards

Provided Answers: 1
    You have described the problem very clearly.

What do you intend to do, in what order, with what user interaction?

Are you selecting criteria for a report? Content for a form?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by zobernjik
    On one of my screens there is an options to search for records,there are about 6 or 7 fields that you could search by,search by one field only or all of them.
    I am in the same boat here ... I also need something that would allow what fields the user sees...

I am not selecting criteria for a report, it is purely to extend the search/filter option, so that I can search for these records and once I get results I know that those are current records(at the moment if I search by Smith, I get all of them,current and closed off ones) and by checking that the "BuildingWorksCompled" is checked I am hoping to search only for the open records.

But I don't quite know how to achieve this?

Any help would be great.

Regards

Just like you have other filters, add one more to check for that "check box". Why would that be different from the other filters.

Also if you can post the existing code, someone will fix it for you.