Thread: paste errors

Unanswered: paste errors

i have a duplicate record button. Sometimes when i click on it i get paste errors but not always . Would any one know why and how to solve this

thank you

MMMMmmm Strange one that!

Although I've not had the problem before (or know of anyone with it) it may be a start to log if there is a pattern to the issue. For instance if there is a record or group of records that reports the error - It may just be a conflick in record set that just kicks back

just a thought --- but PLEASE if anyone has the answer of if you find a result to it post it id for one am always interested in the unusual throw backs of access

good luck

gareth

I think I found a pattern
    If you have a form with time fields in them and set their text boxes to an input mask of 00:00;0 which is short time ie 12:12
    if time entered is 01:11 , then when u click duplicate it changes it to 1:11 and gives error after u click duplicate again

But there should be a way of getting around this

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fullymooned
    i have a duplicate record button. Sometimes when i click on it i get paste errors but not always . Would any one know why and how to solve this

thank you

Can you give some more details about the form and exact error message you get?