Unanswered: DTS is not getting the primary key

Hi All,

Using DTS i have imported the data from sybase to MS SQL server and all the data and tables were imported correctly.But the primary keys are not marked why is it like this?
    This is not a one time job and this is meant to be for the customers also.I cannot ask the customers to mark the primary keys themselves. Is there a way to get the keys also.While doing DTS I have marked all the options correctly.

Please help.

I am not sure why PKs are skipped (never dealt with DTS-ing from Sybase), but you can script PKs on Sybase side, fix the script to ensure syntactical compatibility, and then attach it as an additional step into your package.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Hi ,

I saw that thread but I think it dint help me as I am not able to figure out where the transfer objects is. They say it is in DTS after u select the source and destination DB ,but I din't find anything like that in the entire process of it. May be the transfer objects method might be there only in cetain version.
    I dunno what to do.
    I am using the recent version of MS Sql server.
    Please help.

Regards,

How are you connecting to Sybase ODBC or OLEDB? What version of Sybase are you connecting to?

Hi,

I am connecting to sybase using ODBC and the version is 6.0.2

Thanks

What version of Sybase 11.9.2, 12, 12.5? Also, have you tried OLEDB? It's much faster than ODBC.